To apply: Send a resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We will begin looking at applications the first week of January, until the position is filled.
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 depending on experience.
Benefits: Insurance and retirement plans through our fiscal sponsor.
Jam level: Full time, flexible hours, frequent evenings and weekends.
Ragtag uses technology to make progressive organizations and candidates better at what they do. We connect tech volunteers with projects for organizations doing good work on the ground. What Ragtag does goes beyond matchmaking - we actively manage our projects, from scope to solution.
The Ragtag Community Organizer is responsible for ensuring that Ragtag provides a vibrant, engaging community for its volunteers. Ragtag’s volunteers are a diverse group of technologists working in almost every state in the US, with backgrounds ranging from engineering to product management to user experience to content creation.
- Participate in setting strategic direction for Ragtag.
- Develop strategic plan for engaging Ragtag’s volunteer base.
- Evaluate tools and programs that help with volunteer intake and engagement.
- Responsible for communications to the volunteer community.
- Evaluate prospective Ragtag members, onboarding new volunteers.
- Develop and oversee programs that ensure the volunteers find their participation in Ragtag to be valuable.
- Connect volunteers with projects that fit their skills and interests, and working with project leads to find volunteers that meet their needs.
- Serve as point person for handling Code of Conduct issues.
- Organize and manage a team of volunteers to help with volunteer engagement.
- Organize events for the team, including in-person get togethers, webinar talks, etc.
- Be available to work outside of standard 9-5 work hours, including some on weekends.
- Limited travel for Ragtag leadership team meet ups and conferences.
- Extremely good listening and communication skills.
- Comfort working with a remote team.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong empathy, emotional communication, and negotiation skills.
Things that are cool but not required:
- Experience with progressive organizing.
- Experience and familiarity with the landscape of existing progressive organizing tools.
- Doesn’t live in San Francisco.
- Experience managing volunteers.
Things that we don’t care about:
Ragtag volunteers and staff are located across the US, so remote work is expected. Your location is up to you.
Day to day:
- Work closely with the Head of Product, Head of Tech, and Executive Director
- Go to conferences sometimes to talk about how great Ragtag is and recruit volunteers.
- Occasionally collaborate on mediocre to bad poetry writing.
Small print: You must be a US resident and legally able to work in the US for any employer. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving underrepresented communities, and we encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.